Set-Up Person/Press Brake Department, Accurate Metal Fabricating
This employee is responsible for the setup and forming of sheet metal parts in a production environment. The employee should be capable of setting up and operating a variety of CNC and manual press brakes.
The setup person is responsible for the setup and quality of the parts being produced and must be able to set up the equipment to meet/exceed established production tolerances and rates. The setup person must be able to use basic hand tools, as well as inspection measuring tools and equipment to assure all related tolerances and dimensions.
In this manufacturing shop plant environment, the employee will be exposed to vibration; moving, mechanical parts and other manufacturing tools; and machinery.
- Reading drawings and writing work orders required in the fabrication of formed parts
- Assisting others within the department as required by his/her supervisor
- Setting up of press brakes (Accurpress Press Brakes)
- Maintaining all shop equipment, tools and fixtures for the purpose of ensuring the availability and functioning of equipment in the forming department
- Keeping accurate production paperwork/records including, but not limited to, first-piece inspection, number of parts produced, defective units produced per job, and communicating non-conforming items, shortages, etc. to the Manager of Quality Concepts/Plant Manager
- Acting as lead member of all ISO/Lean initiatives
- Responding to emergency situations as needed to resolve immediate safety concerns
Skills and Specifications
- Ability to perform each essential duty satisfactorily
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos
- Ability to write simple correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other company employees
- Ability to add and subtract small, medium or large numbers and to multiply and divide
- Must be able to use a tape measure or other measuring devices such as calipers and to work with any and all specified tolerances
- Must be able to read a decimal chart
- Must be able to read simple and complex drawings to verify product identification and requirements
- Supervisory experience a plus
- CNC press brake programming/setup capability a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The must-have specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Regularly required to sit or stand, bend and reach
- Light physical effort equal to frequent lifting or moving of lightweight materials required
- May work at different stations as production needs require, or shift from one station to another during assembly process
- Safety glasses and safety shoes are required to be worn during work
Education and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Up to two years related experience or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions