From Commonplace Functions to Spectacular Designs
Perforated Metal Screening Functions
Perforated metal screening performs different functions in a building, ranging from the commonplace to the spectacular — and often doing both. No other medium is as diverse in all that it can accomplish as screening material.
Perforated metal screening is the optimal material for many commonplace functions for a building — those that might not be noticed unless the screen wasn't there:
- Hiding an unsightly area
- Separating spaces
- Providing relief from heat and glare of the sun
- Permitting light and air flow
- Giving privacy to those inside
- Reducing the impact of wind and storms
- Adding structural integrity
Accurate Perforating has over 75 years of experience perforating, fabricating, welding, forming and finishing metal. We have the experience, equipment and tools to complete the job for your screening project — on time and to your specifications.
Perforated metal screening also performs aesthetic functions for buildings — transforming them from mundane to spectacular and stunning. Laser technology, endless custom perforation patterns and options, and custom finishes make it possible to offer creative options to complement any architectural project.
Here are a few examples of what we've done in the past — and what we can do for you in the future:
South Kitsap Medical Campus
Perforated metal screening unified the architectural elements in this two-story building. The screen was visually striking and was also designed to cut down on the impact of the wind and provide structural strength to the roof.
The Illinois State Emergency Operations Center
This project involved 18,000 square feet of perforated copper screening. Each panel fit seamlessly to the frame and overlapped the preceding section. The visually-appealing screen served three other functions:
- Diminish heat/sun glare yet still allow light
- Provide security (so people cannot see into the building)
- Serve as a protection against tornadoes
Philadelphia University DEC Building
Perforated metal screening enveloped a new building on campus that was designed to represent the creative, cross-disciplinary, collaborative learning taking place there. Collaboration was also necessary between Accurate, the architects, the contractors and the school.
Why Accurate Perforating?
There are many reasons to choose Accurate Perforating for your screening project.
- We are ISO 9001:2015 certified.
- We listen and communicate with clients and other teams involved.
- We ensure that your screens will arrive safely and carefully labeled for ease of assembly.
- We meet deadlines and are 100 percent committed to a successful installation, from start to finish.